Saturday, February 9, 2013

Why?

Why am I starting a blog you ask?  Well, for me the reasons are too numerous to list but one stands out above all others....I love to cook!  Cooking, for a lot of people, is a chore, one of those mundane tasks that we all have to do at one time or another to sustain our lives.  HA!  For me cooking is a release.  It's a time when I can get into my zen and concoct all sorts of interesting (sometimes tasty) bits of food.  It's also a time (when I feel like it) that I can spend with my youngest daughter and let her make a total wreck of my kitchen! 

Oh, I guess another real important reason...I love to eat and my hips show it!  I guess with cooking comes tasting which leads to eating which leads to more cooking.... I'm sure you see where I'm going here. 

One special thing about this blog, other than my ramblings, is that I'm the wife of a hunter - deer mostly, however we do have turkey or wild hogs occasionally. Thus the name of the blog, "You game? I'm game!"  I've had to learn to be very creative and made it my mission NOT to have chicken fried deer steak all the time!  Hey, I've only made it once this year and hoping to stay with that.  Therefore, a lot of the recipes that I've either found, or come up with, are not your run of the mill, plain Jane, wild tasting dishes.  They've definitely been approved by my bunch here at home and any others that may wonder in. 

Hope you all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment