Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sauteed Zucchini and Tomatoes

Sauteed Zucchini and Tomatoes 

I told you we had a LOT of zucchini and squash...and I really mean a LOT!  Some will get a way from you and grow into Hulk size in a day....


(See I told you! I chopped one of the large ones and it filled up a gallon bag!  Crazy!!)

So, the town I live in has a Farmer's Market.  This has been great for getting rid of some of it because I've frozen all I'm going to (have to keep room for other stuff coming out of the garden too)!  However, when it comes out of the garden early in the week, I have to do something with it since the market is only on Saturdays.  As you guessed it, here's another way to cook zucchini (or you can use yellow squash)...

Sauteed Zucchini and Tomatoes 

Zucchini (or any similar squash), Diced
Diced Fresh Tomatoes (canned will also work but drain most of the juice off)
Sliced Mushrooms
Onion
Garlic
Basil
Oregano
Salt and Pepper
Olive Oil

To a hot skillet, add a little olive oil.  Sauteed the onion and garlic in the oil briefly, just to soften.  Add the zucchini, tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.  Just eyeball this part.  I don't have exact measurements since it's going to depend on how much squash you have.  When zucchini is beginning to soften (we like it still with a little bite to it) add the mushrooms and cook a few more minutes.  

This is a great side dish but if you add quite a few tomatoes, it makes an awesome pasta sauce!





No comments:

Post a Comment