Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Brown Mustard Coated Venison Tenderloin

Brown Mustard Coated Venison Tenderloin

So this is my spring break from school and I've had a little more time to think up different ways to cook some of that venison we have in the freezer.  Last night I came up with this idea for a brown mustard coating (my family loves all things mustard, especially my husband) and it turned out delicious!  I will be making this again for sure!

1 Venison Tenderloin (mine was about 2 pounds)
3 tablespoons brown mustard 
1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
3 tablespoons barbeque sauce (I used hickory smoke flavored)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 cloves minced garlic

The tenderloin I took out was a bit too big so I cut it in half first.

Main part of the coating.

Ready to go in the oven.

All done and ready to eat :))

Preheat the oven to 325.  Mix all the ingredients together except the tenderloin.  Dry the tenderloin well with a paper towel and put it in a baking dish (I used a 9x13 pan).  The mixture is a little thick so use a spoon and put 1/2 of it on top of the tenderloin.  Cover with foil and bake for approximately 40 minutes.  Remove from the oven, uncover, turn the meat over, and put the rest of the mixture on top of the meat.  Cover again with the foil and return it to the oven for about 30 minutes.  Remove the foil and let cook for approximately 15 minutes.  Take the pan out of the oven, place the meat on a plate or cutting board and cover with foil.  Let it rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.  (Note:  I took the remaining drippings and put them in a sauce pan.  I then added a little corn starch and water to thicken it to make a gravy.  That cinched the deal for my husband and youngest daughter - they loved the sauce!)

** Please note the times are really approximate.  It's going to depend on how much the tenderloin you're cooking weights.  Just keep an eye on it.  Also, I am betting this would be awesome grilled.  I'll be trying that next! **







No comments:

Post a Comment